September 1, 2010

Strange Connections

Its strange, the way people connect. I mean,think about it. That girl you met last year... you met her through Facebook didn't you? And that guy...with whom you ran the marathon this year? Met him at your bus stop right? That's how we meet people these days. I wonder how this was earlier. In olden times.. How did my dad meet Mr.Sabari? How did mom meet Shanta Maami? No clue!!

But the way i met Sheeba would beat all of these. It was about 6 in the evening that Saturday. Parag and I had picked up tickets to watch 'Alice in Wonderland'. Yup, very Gay! But then we were jobless and there wasn't anything else to watch. Anyway... So we decided to park of at kaapi and grab a bite before the movie. Parag's friend Aditi had also joined us. We were there chatting up and eating when suddenly my phone rang. It wasn't someone worth mentioning but Aditi's eyes shone with excitement!

'What?' I asked her. She said 'Your ring tone... Acha hai! I want!' . 'Oh that! Its a drum piece i composed and performed way back in college'. 'Its superb. I want it. Send it now!' Aditi almost screamed! I laughed and switched on my blue tooth. 'Tera Naam kya hai?' I asked her. 'Doll.I know its pansy but i like it' she jumped before i could even react. 'Doll? Right' i said. Saying that she switched on her blue tooth and went to the restroom. My phone was searching for 'doll' when the bill had come. Parag and I were doing a double check when i hit 'share' on my phone. 5 min later the piece sent we were ready to go when i got a request. It was from Dolly. I was wondering what Aditi was sending back so i hit 'ok' and a minute later i see this pic of a pretty girl which surely wasn't an actress or Aditi. While i stood there gaping at the picture I realized that it wasn't Doll but Dolly to whom i had sent the piece. I looked at the coffee shop and saw her sitting in a corner searching..

I walked up to her and said 'hey dolly?' and she suddenly gave a big smile...

to be continued....

1 comment: