September 16, 2010

To friends ...

I read this blog.. a while back and it was about an old friend. If it were a happy one then its one thing, but this one was about friends who get disconnected from our lives over the years.I always felt that probably I was the only one who had this 'ill-luck' of having friends drift away.

Back then it made sense. Ending it all and just walking away. Now i feel like i have lost out on a lot. Now, even though we are friends on facebook and the likes I cannot talk to them the way we would have long back. The pain is too much to swallow. That longing and those memories that gush by. Maybe i was wrong, maybe the times were wrong, but i miss those few friends who were the world to me.

Cos when we are friends with someone we share things, laugh out loud and finally have so many shared memories. Now, thinking about those common things hurts. I want to erase those common things... Those moments which give me a small poke inside somewhere every time i recollect them.

People whom you grow up with , those whom you start ventures with, those with whom you share secrets and stories, those who were soul sisters, those who were your grand parents' other grand children. Those people who never left your side. Those who knew what you felt even when you never spoke... Those people....

I wanna tell these drifted friends that i miss them and times were good with them around....that they were so close to me that when they drifted apart they ripped along a part of me... a part that refuses to heal, even after years of staying out of touch. A part that i shall for now and for always yearn for them... no matter what. hmmmm...

Aaah... It hurts that i still have to say 'these' and 'those' not be able to tell the names out.

To you...

Thanks for being a great friend .. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment