July 12, 2010

@ Eddie's - 3

Two days after Ms. Uptown girl had sat right there next to me, there I was sitting on the opposite side of the very same table as though even sitting there would tarnish the beauty about her.... her.... Whoever she was.... Why did she have to leave that ticket there? Just one... If i were someone who fancied red hearts and valentine's I would have thought that she had left it there purposely.... but , add some sense to that thought and i would laugh at myself.... Probably it just got left out....

OK, so what was i going to do? I thought to myself sipping on some delicious new chocolate drink that Eddie had made.... He always does that to me.... If he ever got something new in the kitchen then he'd try it on me... Luck or something he used to mumble... Most often i couldn't help but ask for another serving..... Oh, coming back to the question about the ticket.... I had actually thought it over a million times in my head... why else would i be dressed in my best pair of denims, a white shirt ( now,where did i find one without a stain on it?) and had also managed to rudely press my hair down to look slightly human. I finished my mug of chocolate, paid my bill and looked at Eddie.... he looked at me and gave this cheeky little smile... Ha! No Eddie! Not a date... just.....being nice ... I smiled to myself as i started walking towards the hall.

It would have taken me 5 plain minutes on a normal day but today i took all the time in the world and maintained a slow stroll. Suddenly, I was enjoying every brick of this town where i had been living for the past 6 years... Strange! The play was at 7 pm, the ticket said... and my watch said 6:23 pm... there were just a few people around and the gates weren't open yet so i couldn't have possibly missed her. I tried counting windows, staring at the cobbles on the street, counting coins in my pocket but time seemed to be moving at a rate i never ever knew...... And then, i saw that guy... the one who sat across at my table.... My heart didn't skip but i was kind of on my toes... So she HAD to be there somewhere.... Actually I could have given him the ticket and left, but nope... I waited... after about 5 minutes she came.... a simple knee length aqua dress... and a string of some brilliantly sparkling stones around her neck.... oh she was rich! I was so lost looking at her that i didn't notice her walking towards me, not with a wave or a smile but with a look of 'uggh .. I have seen you'. I immediately doubled my steps towards her and gave her the ticket ( I didn't even open my mouth for a Hi) . She took it, smiled and said ' Oh thanks! But my friend decided not to come, we got this extra ticket... care to join us? as a thank you' ......

Wow!! I must have been the luckiest chap on the entire street..... THE most beautiful woman (after mom) had just asked me to watch a play with her ( of there were other people too!) I am sure I was half gaping - half smiling at her cos she smiled again and said ' hello!! you here?'

Most men in my shoes would have said yes without a split second thought, but i took a whole of ten minutes and i said .... ' Uhhh... No... I need to meet someone at dinner....' (S**t)

I had just finished uttering the last word and she said 'fine, thank you again' and walked into the hall without a glance backward.

WHAT had I done??? How stupid!!! Aaaah!! Fool!! I cursed myself hard and walked away from the hall before i changed my mind and darted into that hall...

10 minutes later when i opened the door of @ Eddie's , I felt like the biggest clown on the face of the earth...Eddie looked at me and shouted into the kitchen ' One bowl of hot soup and bread for the boy'....

What had I done!!! Idiot!

2 comments:

  1. Good keep going my sweetheart <3

    ever & forever
    ur Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. @maria - thank u!! Will check out the website!

    ReplyDelete