July 24, 2010

@ Eddie's - 5

It’s a strange life isn't it? We follow something thinking Ha no one is watching but then we end up being followed instead. The way things strung themselves to one another, I thought this was all preset. Like someone had staged all of this. I couldn’t believe my eyes that I was sitting at the same table @ Eddie's with HER!! Ha... 'Strange ways to get a date' should be a book that I should some day write. Casandra was her name. I had begun to call her Casey, with a little bit of hesitation though. Cos she wasn’t the kinds one would want to mess with.

"So the ticket, the guy at the cafe, the girl at the counter... They were all a part of this?"
“Ha ha ha... No No... Actually just the ticket. I sort of wanted to see you again and that was the easiest way I could do it without striking a conversation"
“Some planning that was. So, what about the man and that girl at the cafe?"
“Well I went there twice and ordered nothing. The girl got suspicious and was mumbling about how random people just come and sit and stare at the theater all evening long and just leave. That’s when I thought that it probably was you. I mean, its not it’s the L'ouvre, that people would come sit and ogle at it for hours."
"And so u tipped her?" I laughed.
“She is a teenager, just tell her a love story and she will be all gaga. That’s all that I did. I told her about how we met and then she said she thought you were the guy. So I just put it all together"
As Casey said this, I beamed at her and suddenly felt that the whole of Eddie's was looking at me. Right then, as though on cue Eddie played out this soulful song, which was highly unlikely him. He too had noticed apparently.

Since the day I met Casey life was like a huge bouncing ball. There wasn’t one dull moment. We dined, danced, went on long walks. But never once did I make a move, she didn’t hint it either. Whatever this was, mom was noticing. My calls to her got politer and nicer. One day she asked me
"There is a girl, isn’t there?"
" Ha ha.... Yes mom, there is but she is just a friend. I haven’t even ..."
"Uh Uh... Stop there my boy... I know how this I didn’t touch, I didn’t smile business goes. Get her home will you?"
"Fine Mom. Love you"

So I convinced Casey and a bunch of her friends to come home over the weekend. It was fun actually, mom and Casey got along really well and the others loved the food mom made. But there was something that was clear on mom's face. Something that she didn’t know whether she was happy about or not. She didn’t tell me though!

The day we got back from Mom's place, Casey got busy. She said she couldn’t meet me for a few days coos of some trip she had to go on. I didn’t ask her why. It had been 15 days since I first met her and it seemed like I knew her forever. After 3 days, Casey called me over to her place. It was the first time any of her friends had been called over. Her house was one with a long ancient looking Cadillac, well trimmed grass and a lot of flowers all around.
It was 8 in the evening... and there I was standing at Casandra's door step... after a minute of tidying my hair and clothes, I rang the bell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment