July 19, 2010

@ Eddie's - 4

After what I had done, I thought of ways to try and meet her again. There were some simple ideas. Like go to the theater and try and get her number or pray hard to god (the only other time i had done that was when the Bulls were playing) But i found a better way out.. I went and stood outside the theater everyday! Each day I would walk up to the theater, sit at the coffee shop across the road and wait. I used to sit from 6 in the evening to about 9 into the night (cos that's the time most of 'the' crowd would come into the theater). Yes , I know that probably praying to god was a better option. Well anyway, I waited across the theater for 4 days. 4 long days. At the end of the 4th day something happened. I met a guy, who randomly walked up to me and asked me if i was a writer. I laughed at the thought. Why did sitting at a coffee shop without a purpose always mean that you were a writer? "Me and writing!! Ha! No no..." I said to him... and then he drew up a chair and ordered a cup of tea. that was strange. Anyway... he sat there , silent watching me while I sat with my eyes fixed at the theater.

"looking for her aren't you?"
Me - "who?"
"that girl... In the blue green flowy dress?" 
Me -" which girl (darn, how did he know?)"
" aaaah.... When has a guy ever sat at the same table for days together staring at theater into which he'd never go?"

So there I was trying to stalk a girl and there was a guy stalking me! Hah! Now that is life!

" So.. Tell me about yourself" he said... "about me? I am just another guy in this place!"


"and madly in love after a girl from up there" he said pointing out at the far end of the street. I laughed and asked about him... for which he smiled, walked up to the counter, paid for him and me and just left.... What the!! So a guy can actually walk up to me and say some stuff and then just leave? What had i done to myself!

I anyway walked to the counter to check how much i had to pay and the girl at the counter flashed a smile and said "She came for u last afternoon!"

So now everyone knew my story?

No comments:

Post a Comment